Some medical conditions such as osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia or severe spinal degeneration are difficult or impossible to cure, but can be managed very effectively.
AST can help reduce the severity of symptoms associated with these conditions and a personalised treatment plan provides a non-invasive alternative to surgery or drug treatment.
We ensure that you receive the most effective treatment for your condition and we can work closely with doctors and physiotherapists so that you can make informed choices about your treatment options.
A range of Remedial, Deep Tissue, therapeutic stretching and release techniques may be combined during your treatment.
Your initial appointment includes:
- Discussing your medical history including injuries or surgery
- Discussing past and current treatments for your symptoms
- Liaising with your doctor (only with your permission)
- Performing a postural and joint assessment
- Performing a range of muscle and range-of-motion tests
- Setting goals and discussing your expectations
- Working out a personalised treatment plan.
Pain relief and increased range of motion is usually immediate, but for maximum benefit, regular treatments every 2-6 weeks may be required for people suffering from long-term pain.
We have successfully treated symptoms of:
- Numbness or tingling in limbs
- Scarring following accidents or surgery
- Nerve Compression
- Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Sciatica or hip pain
- … and more.
You will have a good indication of how well your body responds to massage after your first 2-3 treatments.